If you’re planning a trip to Cornwall you may be wondering if it’s feasible to bring your electric vehicle. After all, Cornwall is a long way from anywhere, which is a large part of its appeal!
However, with the number of EV charging points in Cornwall ever-growing, and with plenty of places to top-up en-route, it’s entirely possible to bring your electric vehicle with you on holiday to the Duchy.
Whilst being Grade 2 Listed means we don’t yet have our own charger, our list of convenient public EV charging points in Cornwall mean you can arrive at your holiday cottage fully charged and easily remain topped up throughout your stay.
- Darts Farm Shopping Village, Topsham, Exeter, EX3 0Q: Tesla Superfast Chargers (120kw and 250kw). Great place to stop and stretch your legs on your way to Cornwall. Various shops, including a farm shop, restaurant, playground, nature trail and nice farm walk for the dogs.
- Whitehouse Services, Okehampton EX20 1QJ: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw). Just off the A30 on the Cornwall side of Exeter so it’s a good place to stop off en-route to stretch your legs and get something to eat. Dog-friendly.
- The Arundell Hotel, Lifton, PL16 0AA: Tesla Fast Chargers (11kw). Just over the border in Devon, close to the famous nearly-there trees, this is good place to stop for a spot of lunch or afternoon tea. Book ahead.
Cattlemarket Longstay Car Park, Launceston, PL15 9AY: Fast and Superfast Chargers (22kw, 43kw and 50kw). Just 30 minutes from Tredarrup, this is a handy place to top-up, particularly if you’re not a Tesla owner.
- St. Tudy Community Shop, Wadebridge Road, Bodmin, PL30 3PG: Fast Charger (7kw) This is in our neighbouring village and conveniently located just a short walk from a fantastic gastro-pub, the St. Tudy Inn, featured in the Good Food Guide.
- Churchfield Car Park, Victoria Rd Camelford PL32 9PA: Superfast Charger (43kw and 50kw). You’ll pass through Camelford on your way to Tredarrup Farm. Charge up whilst you grab a bite to eat in town or pick-up a few bits in the Co-op.
Tesco Superstore, West Hill, Wadebridge, PL27 7HW: Fast Charger (7kw).
Padstow Petrol Station, Trecerus Industrial Estate, Padstow, PL28 8RW: Superfast Charger (50kw).
Tesco Superstore, Sarah’s Lane, Padstow, PL28 8EL: Fast Charger (7kw).
Eden Project, Bodelva Road, Par PL24 2SG: Slow, Fast and Superfast Chargers (3kw, 22kw, 43kw, 50kw).
Morrisons, 13 Priory Road, Bodmin PL31 2ST: Fast and Superfast Chargers (22kw and 50kw).
- Bodmin Business Park, Launceston Road, Bodmin PL31 2RJ: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw).
- Berrycoombe Car Park, Bodmin PL31 2NS: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw). Right outside Bodmin Jail and at the head of the Camel Trail.
Chy Trevai, Cornwall Council, Beacon Technology Park, Bodmin PL31 2FR: Fast Charger (22kw).
West End Motors, Launceston Road, Bodmin Business Park,
Bodmin, PL31 2RJ: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw).
Cornwall Services, A30, St Austell, PL26 8UF: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw). Or Hamburger Hill as it’s otherwise known, owing to the Macdonalds on-site.
Trerice (National Trust) Kestle Mill, Newquay, TR8 4PG: Fast Chargers (7 and 22kw).
Newquay Cornwall Airport, Carloggas, St Mawgan, Newquay, TR8 4RQ: Fast and Superfast Chargers (22kw, 43kw and 50kw).
Shell, A30, Carland Cross, Newquay, TR8 5AY: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw). Handily located on the main road heading west.
Bude Tourist Information Centre, The Crescent, Bude, EX23 8LE: Superfast Chargers (43kw and 50kw). Convenient parking spot for the beaches and tidal sea pool.
Millpool Car Park, Millpool Boatyard, Looe PL13 2AF: Superfast Charger (43kw and 50kw)
Truro Park and Ride West, TR4 9AN: Fast Charger (22kw).
Truro Park and Ride East, TR1 1RH: Fast Charger (7kw).